A Great Holiday Salad
Beet Pear Goat-Cheese Salad With Micro Greens
½ cup fresh orange juice
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
¼ cup of Chambord liquor
2 tablespoon olive oil
11/2 tablespoons honey mustard
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups roasted beets that have been cut into wedges
2 firm ripe Red or Bartlett pears
4 oz crumbled goat cheese or apricot stilton
8 oz micro greens or baby greens
1/3 cup toasted pecans or candied pecans (you can find in high end stores)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together juice, Chambord, olive oil, and the mustard. Season with salt
2. Cut pears in half core and then slice ¼” lengthwise and rub with lemon juice.
3. Take micro or baby greens and toss with ½ of the dressing.
4. Place in middle of dinner size plate.
5. Arrange beets and pears and drizzle with rest of dressing or to your taste.
6. Sprinkle with goat cheese or apricot stilton and pecans and serve with a great crusty bread.
This salad has it all. A sweet, savory, fruity, crunchy soft and with a blend of all these flavors you can’t help but win with this recipe. The Chambord give this salad a nice rich fruity flavor