Roasted Cauliflower Soup
1 medium head of cauliflower, trimmed
1 pound yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed
2 medium-large cooking onions, peeled
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary chopped (about a tablespoon)
2 tbsp. avocado oil
2 cloves of garlic
salt to taste
1-teaspoon of white pepper
2 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
5-6 cups vegetable stock (Trader Joe's has a great one)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Remove the core from the cauliflower and chop it into rough florets.
3. Place the florets into a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
4. Add the 2 cloves of garlic
5. Chop the potatoes into 1 inch pieces and toss them into the baking dish as well.
6. Chop the onions into rough 1-2 inch pieces and toss them into the dish
7. Add rosemary by sprinkling the rosemary over the vegetables in the dish.
8. Salt the vegetables and season with pepper to taste. Add the oil and toss the vegetables until evenly coated with the oil, herb and seasoning.
9. Roast vegetables for about an hour, flipping them with a spatula to get even browning.
10. When done, remove from the oven and pour the lemon juice over the hot vegetables
11. Toss the vegetables with the lemon juice, getting all the browned bits off the bottom.
12. Cool vegetables
13. Start blending vegetables in blender with stock until all blended
14. Take soup pot and pour your mixture in and heat until starts to bubble.
15. Turn down and simmer for ½ hour
Note: Serve soup hot with optional garnishes: Garlic crouton, sourdough croutons, sautéed pine nuts, snipped chives, sautéed macadamia nuts
Photo credit: Sweet Pea & Saffron