Southern Comfort BBQ Sauce
With summer here, you’re bound to be grilling. Check out chef Randy’s fantastic Recipe for barbeque sauce. Randy created this signature sauce 30 years ago for a holiday party for musician and actress, Barbara Mandrell and it’s been exciting taste buds every since. So much so that it ended up in Woman's Day Magazine! This goes well with any meat and is a definite must have at your next party or any time that you’re at the grill. Be prepared to lick your fingers from this sweet and savory BBQ sauce.
What you’ll need:
- Cutting board
- 4-cups your favorite b-b-q sauce
- 1-cup chopped brown onion ¼ inch chop
- 1/8 lb butter (that is ½ of a stick of butter)
- 2-bay leaves
- 1-cup sweet and spicy mustard
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup Southern Comfort
1. Melt Butter and saute onions until tender
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for two hours until flavors have blended
3. Remove the bay leaves
4. Let sauce cool and then refrigerate till ready to use
This can be done in advance and stored for weeks. It's also great on chicken, steak, ribs but it makes an incredible sauce for meatballs.
For holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas you can add 2 cups of whole berry cranberry sauce and make cocktail meatballs with this recipe and it is incredible or even use it for a fruited b-b-q sauce for your chicken, or ribs.
Impressed with what you read? Make your own batch and pair it with your favorite meat. We’d love to hear what you think of it in the comment section below. Be sure to stay tuned next Thursday for more delicious recipes from chef, Randy Fuhrman.