South of The Border Black Bean Salad
With that infamously hot summer here, we all know that there’s bound to be a cold dish in your future. If it be at the home for the family, at a party, or even at an event, cold dishes are just a natural part of our summer diet! Well, we’ve got you covered with Chef Randy’s fantastic recipe for his South of The Border Black Bean Salad! Loaded with nutritious ingredients such as wild greens, black olives, and mango plus being an easy to assemble dish, this must have for any home, party, or event!
South of The Border Black Bean Salad: Serves 8
What you’ll need:
- Bowl for mixing
- Cutting Board
- Serving Platter
- Serving Tongs
- 2 8.oz. bags of wild greens
- 1 cup of julienne jicama
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed well
- 1 cup whole pitted black olives
- 1 cup roasted corn (Trader Joes if you don't want to roast yourself)
- 1 small red onion (sliced paper thin)
- 1 medium ripe avocado ½ inch cubes
- 2 oranges (segmented)
- 1 large mango (½ inch cubes)
- ⅔ cup Italian dressing
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- ½ cup red onions
- ¼ cup salsa
- ½ cup chopping mangos
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- Put all dressing ingredients into the blender and blend well (NOTE: this dressing will store up to 4 weeks).
- Toss all salad ingredients together then drizzle salad dressing until you have the flavor that works for you.
- If you are going to plate the salad, individually, I would make sure that the top of the salad, I have some olives showing along with either some mangos or oranges, to make a great presentation.
If you like, you can julienne fresh corn tortillas, fry them up with a little salt and use them for crunch in your salad!
You can add 2 cups roasted chicken (you can buy at the store if you do not want to roast your own) to this and make this a main salad for those hot summer days where you don't want to turn your oven on.
Love our recipe? Well, share what you think of it in the comments section below. We’d love to see and hear what you think of our South of The Border Black Bean Salad!