Brie and Papaya Quesadilla Recipe
Interested in a tasty dish you can quickly whip up? Try this recipe for the perfect summer appetizer! This Brie and Papaya Quesadilla that Randy Fuhrman Events has created just for you, will be the talk of the town. This unique blend of flavors will complement any dinner party you have coming up! Pair the dish with your favorite salsa for an added kick!
Chef Randy's Recipe for Brie and Papaya Quesadillas!
- 1 yellow onion (thinly sliced and halved)
- 10 8” flour tortillas
- 1 lbs. Brie cheese (cut into ¼” strips)
- 2 Poblano chiles (roasted, peeled, seeded, and diced)
- 1 ripe papayas (peeled, seeded and diced) Note ( If you like mangoes better, you can use mangoes)
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup canola oil
- Melt butter and oil together
- Saute onions in a little butter and oil until soft then remove from heat, and let cool for about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a nonstick or well-seasoned skillet over medium heat for several minutes. When skillet is hot, soften tortillas by placing them in skillet for about 5 seconds per side.
- Let cool and then put a few strips of brie cheese on half of each tortilla.
- Add several onion strips. 1 T. of diced chilies, and ¼ cup chopped papaya. (or mango)
- Fold tortillas over and brush a mixture of melted butter and oil.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and brown quesadillas on both sides.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place on cookie sheet in oven to keep warm while browning remaining quesadillas.
Note: After being filled, quesadillas can be refrigerated for a day, covered with plastic wrap. Bring them to room temperature before grilling and serving. Serve with sour cream and your favorite salsa. Chef Randy prefers a mango peach salsa for the summertime!
Try this delicious dish and let us know what you think in the comment section down below! We would love to hear your ideas also!